The NPCA and the Institute of Critical Thinking will hold an Intensive Two-Day Primary Certificate Workshop on Logic-Based Therapy (LBT). Details are provided below.
Intensive 2-Day Primary Certificate Workshop on Logic-Based Therapy (LBT)
This 2-day intensive workshop will teach participants how to engage in philosophical practice using Logic-Based Therapy (LBT), one of the world’s leading modalities of philosophical counseling.
- WHEN: Friday, July 22nd – Saturday, July 23rd 2016
- WHERE: DoubleTree Hotel & Executive Center (Palm Beach Gardens, FL)
- COST: $295 (+ books) – includes continental breakfast & coffee
- BOOKS: Books can purchased at your local bookstore and/or ordered on-line via Amazon.com. For the workshop, you will need: What Would Aristotle Do? (Cohen, Prometheus Books) and The New Rational Therapy (Cohen, Rowman & Littlefield)
- ON-LINE REGISTRATION: Registration is available on-line. Please click on the ‘Register Now’ button below to pay AND complete the embedded registrant information form.
The workshop includes a counseling practicum and will cover the following topics:
- The Six Step Process of LBT
- Emotional and Behavioral Reasoning
- LBT’s “Cardinal Fallacies”
- LBT’s “Guiding Virtues”
- “Uplifting Philosophies”
- “LBT and Meditation”
- The Latest NPCA Standards of Ethical Practice
Participants will be required to write a paper based on their practicum experience in partial satisfaction of their requirements for certification. Exceptional papers will be published in the International Journal of Applied Philosophy or the International Journal of Philosophical Practice.
Completion of Course
Upon successful completion of the course, eligible participants will receive The Primary Certificate in LBT. Eligibility requirements: PhD or MA in philosophy, or in a mental health area such as social work, mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy, or clinical psychology. Those who complete the course but are not eligible to receive a primary certificate will be granted a certificate of completion.
Workshop Instructors & Forum
The workshop will be conducted by:
- Elliot D. Cohen, Ph.D., Founder of Logic-Based Therapy (LBT)
- Gale S. Cohen, LMHC, NBCC, Ed.D.
- And a panel of Certified LBT Mentors
Tuition is fully refundable through July 15th.
Receive our group discounted rate of $89 per night! Reserve your room on-line now or call #561-622-2260 and mention that you are with the IWP Group.
If you have any questions or would like to contact us for more information about this workshop, please e-mail us at LBT2016.